Saturday, March 14, 2009

Review: Watchmen-Movie

Okay, I watched Watchmen last night over on ch131. Let me just say, long ass movie. Two and a half hours of movie, and blue penis. But I'll get to that later. Um...seeing as I've never read the graphic novel, I didn't know what to expect. This review will contain spoilers.

(Movie Blurb)
"Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock" - which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union - is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion - a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers - Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity... but who is watching the Watchmen?


(Review)
I thought the movie was okay, but found the ending lacking for some reason. The characters are likable. But maybe for the wrong reasons. Rorschach, I didn't like at all, I don't know why. He just seemed a little stand offish. Silk Spectre II, I liked her. She is conflicted on her love life and the whole hero thing, but still trying her damnedest in both departments. Also, she has really great hair. Nite Owl II, I'm on the fence with this guy. He just was a little to soft of a character for me to enjoy. Dr. Manhattan, I liked him the most out of everyone in the movie. He is the center of it all and brought the most life like feel. Strange, I know, considering he is the least human of them all. But he brought a lot of depth to the character. Instead of just blue penis. Yes, Dr. Manhattan is pant less throughout most of the movie, and his slong is visible. Get over it, I did, and after the first showing of it, you forget all about it. Unless your a perv ;-). Drama was hard all the way through the movie. Violence was also brought. As well as the language. It was a nice surprise to see a superhero movie, that wasn't watered down. Sure, we all say it in Sin City, but there still isn't a lot of 'R' rated superhero movies. And come on all you comic book nerd. You know you want to see some hero out there naked. And in this movie you get two. Silk and Manhattan nude up the screen for this one. But in the end I thought of the movie as a very strange love story. And like always a coming to terms movie. And all the little innuendos for superpowers and being a hero are in there. But those are in all movies. So, I suggest you see it, you might get a better feel for it in the theaters, or just hit the link at the top of the post and watch it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment