Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Starting a New



Hi, this is a new blog, I have never had a blog, but wanted a way to express my feeling about books and to review them. I belong to the Rachel Vincent Proboards group and Was recently the winner of one of her ARCs, Pride.
The two pictures on the side are scaned pics of the front of pride and the little note Rachel left in side. :-)

Here is the back blurb from Pride

HERE'S HOPING CATS DO HAVE NINE LIVES

I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend--and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride--along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.

I'm two for three. A goner.

Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I think I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council.

If I survive my own trial...


I started this one and finished in less than two days, It was amazingly brilliant, and written exquisitely. The drama from Rogue, (second in the series,) is coming back to haunt Faythe. After killing the werecat she sired in self defense, she has been tried for turning a human into a werecat and for killing him to cover it up. At least that is what the charge against her is. The trial and young tabbycat are not the only things that are bothering her. There are many other beasties that live in the woods and it's only a matter of time before they come out to play. We will dive farther into the concepts of the DNA of a werecat and in the intricate workings of the werecat laws. Faythe also finds herself against a a few grumpy old werecats and a few feisty and lying young werecats. This just might be the 'trial of her life' but it will most definitely be the adventure of her life.

This is the best in the series and rather morbid at times but deserves all the praise it gets.

3 comments:

  1. Damn you're lucky to have won that book! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the second book I've finished. The first one needs some TLC. Or a fierce blaze. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if this double posts...
    To answer your question, it's the second book I've finished, though the first one is probably getting thrown in the nearest blaze I stumble upon.

    ReplyDelete