Friday, August 7, 2009

Tale of Two Summers by Brian Sloan

Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (May 23, 2006)

(Blurb)
Two best friends spend their first summer apart blogging to each other about their separate but equally exciting romantic and sexual adventures. Chuck, the talented one, goes off to summer theatre camp where he proceeds to fall for the sexy female lead of his show. Hal, the less talented one, stays at home in exciting Wheaton, MD learning how to drive and getting busy with a hot French dude he meets at the mall. With a frank and shocking candor, these two 15 year-olds going on 20 debate their differences, consider their similarities, and push their decade long friendship to the breaking point during a summer that neither of them will soon forget.



(Review)
So I only really enjoyed half of this book. The Hal parts to be honest. I mean Chuck was just so boring and Hal was just so funny and wrote tons of gay sex stuff ;0. Hehe. But lets get this thing started

Plot: Over all good. I enjoyed reading the plots for both Hal and Chuck even if Chuck was boring! The romance and the problems happening were good. The 'New Years' event kept me guessing until it was revealed. And honestly I think Chuck wished...Well you will have to read it ;)

Characters: Hal, I liked him alot, and could totally relate. And not just on the gay thing either. Personality and even our boyfriends, even if Henri doesn't like that word, are alike. Chuck is a drama 'fag' as they call him. (Which irked me alot) But he was boring and totally blind to the love. And they both use homophobic language, which irked me. The characters were different for sure, all having different opinions and conflicts.

By the way, Brett (girl name this time) is such a dumbass always giving poor Hal love advice. I wanted to smack-a-bitch.

Cover: It tis okay. Chuck isn't as handsome as he is described. Hal is okay, but HEY PEOPLE IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT LOOKS. Kay? I really don't see why the title is mirrored. It tis odd. C- cover

Ages: 14 and up. Major drug use and sex. And language.

Rating: 2.5=Cause I only liked half of the story line.



No comments:

Post a Comment