Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Review: MAX by James Patterson

On a note, I'm sorry that I didn't have this up yesterday to kick off the Maximum Ride week. But better late then never

(Blurb)

When Earth faced destruction, The Flock helped save it. But now, nowhere is safe. Millions of fish are dying off Hawaii's coast and someone–or something–is destroying hundreds of ships. The Flock has no choice but to go deep into the murky seas to uncover the truth. And to make matters worse, a deadly assassin is watching their every move. Can The Flock defend themselves from an approaching army and save the world from calamity? The battle for survival rages on.


(Review)
So this is the fifth book in the Maximum Ride series. Damn, doesn't seem like it's been that much. And I pray that this isn't the last. But although MAX was good and of course well written. But it was nothing like the other books. OKAY...That may be a stretch. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel, are still getting themselves into deep sh--, er, um, crap. But in this book, it seems the Flock was too sheltered and controlled. Sure Max is still a smart-ass. But they are surrounded by adults and annoying flirting red-heads! *Ahem* Sorry Max rubbed off on me. Angel seems to be defying Max at every turn. GAH, Nudge is growing up and growing apart from the Flock. Iggy and Gazzy are, well Iggy and Gazzy, Nuff Said. And Fang. Fang. Fang. Fang. Fang is complicated, we all know this, but he is opening up to Max.

But I wanna complain. James keeps on bringing up the fact that people are destroying the Earth. Maybe we are, maybe we aren't. I don't really know, and this blog is not the place to talk about it. For real though, I don't really care about this stuff, well maybe I do. But I don't wanna read about it my book about bird kids. That just gets on my nerves. And the ending so very BLAH. Not much happens, and although there is action in this book. Not as much as the other and not enough to satisfy.

But worth the read if your a Max fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment